Knowledge management Services Section(KMSS) provides access to one of the richest collections of electronic and print information and knowledge resources on economics and other dimensions of development studies on Africa.
- African Government Publications collection
- General and Reference collection
- United Nations and UN Agency documents
- E-Resources collection
- International newspapers
- The Library is open to all ECA and UN staff, as well as diplomats and government officials residing in Ethiopia.
- Students and researchers who wishes to use the Library can obtain a visitor's pass for up to three months with official letter from their university or institutional librarian.
- From daily newspapers such as the International Herald Tribune, to popular weekly and monthly magazines like Foreign Policy, to peer-reviewed journals such as African Affairs, the ground floor reading area at ECA Library has something of interest for you.
- The ECA Library was established in 1959 to meet the administrative and research information needs of ECA staff and the African region.
- It was moved to its current location in mid-1977 and occupies all five floors of the Limpopo building.
- In 2010, the Library joined the former ICT, Science and Technology Division (ISTD) reinforcing its commitment to serve as an integrated information service and resource centre for Africa.
- In 2013 it became one of the four sections of the Public Information and Knowledge Management Division